Is 2022 the year you want to land a new job or maybe switch careers? Then, Jobs Market’s ‘Getting a Job in 2022’ blog series is for you! Be sure to look back on parts one through five in this informative series. In those parts, we’ve covered everything from getting in the right mind set to interview tips. In part six, we are discussing follow-up and staying focused on your job hunt.
Importance of Follow-Up
After you’ve applied and completed your interview, then you might be wondering what is next. The answer… following up! It’s surprising how few people understand the importance of a follow-up email.
One important thing to really keep in mind is YOU are your only advocate. Only you can ask for the job and show persistence to potential employers by following up.
In the worst case, you’ll either not get a response or are turned down for the job. However, in the best-case scenario you’ll get the job! Plus, you never know what might come from that follow-up email. For example, they might not offer you that position but mention you are better qualified for a different position in their company.
What to Say In Your Follow-Up Email
Not sure what to put in your follow-up email? You aren’t alone. Luckily, Jobs Market is here to help! Below are some topics to cover in your follow-up email.
- Thank them for their time – this is especially important if you went to an interview.
- Ask them if they need additional information from you – this could include anything, such as, work samples or answering any additional questions.
- Remind them of your unique skills and qualifications that make you an ideal candidate – again you must advocate for yourself.
These three items are sure to remind their HR team of your initiative!
Staying Focused on Your Job Hunt
The constant applications, and even interviews, is often tiring. It can feel relentless and like there is no hope in sight for an end. This is even more true if you’ve been on the job hunt for a while. Don’t let that get you down though. It is important to stay positive on the job hunt. Not only does that help you keep your sanity, but it will reflect in all your communications to potential employers.
Be sure to look back at Part 1 in our series that discusses getting in the right mindset. From setting a positive mantra to investigating your skills, there is enough constructive reminders in there to get you back on track!
We have one final part left in our ‘Getting a Job in 2022’ series. It will cover how to keep yourself busy and making money while on the job hunt.
If you didn’t already be sure to check out the other parts of our ‘Getting a Job in 2022 series’!! Below are the links to the other five parts.
Check out the rest of the great blogs in our ‘Getting a Job in 2022’ series.
- Part 1 – Set Yourself up for Success!
- Part 2 – Top 10 Resume Tips
- Part 3 – Everything You Need to Know About Cover Letters
- Part 4 – Where to Start on Your Job Search?
- Part 5 – Four Tips for Preparing for an Interview
- Part 6 – Follow-Up & Staying Focused on Your Job Hunt
- Part 7 – Importance of Temp Jobs & Freelance Work & How to Not Get Discouraged
Still have questions or need more help on your job search? Simply, fill out our contact form and we will be in touch shortly. We look forward to helping you land that dream job or switch careers in 2022!