CCi is Now Hiring for a Bilingual Medical Collection Representative
This role is responsible for processing incoming correspondence from patients (debtors), attorneys, and other third parties as well as providing excellence customer service on all incoming calls. The Collection Representative must be familiar with and adhere to Federal and State collection laws and regulations. The Collection Representative is detail oriented with good interpersonal and excellent customer service skills and is able to provide information in an objective manner to patients, educating them of their rights and responsibilities in each situation, and providing them with required information.
The role is a non-exempt position that reports to the Collection Supervisor.
CCi is a U.S.-based, 100% employee-owned company. We demonstrate an uncommon level of commitment to our stakeholders — employee-owners, customers and business partners. Our employee-owners innovate and excel as a premier provider of revenue cycle services to healthcare organizations across the nation. More information about CCi is available at www.ccipowerinside.com
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process incoming correspondence received from patients, guarantors, bankruptcy court, attorneys and other third parties in a timely and accurate manner adhering to all applicable collection regulations
- Document receipt of correspondence in CCi’s system(s) and take appropriate action to address further account actions
- Answer inbound phone calls in a pleasant, professional manner, being sensitive to the callers needs while utilizing all available information to obtain resolution of the account
- Take appropriate action to resolve caller issue, which may include clarifying charges or payments, collecting, adding, updating, resolving complaints, and notifying the Team Lead or the Collection Manager of complaints that remain unresolved
- Document the outcome of each call in CCi’s system in an efficient, clear, concise and compliant manner
- Identify appropriate situations for transferring a call to the Collection Department Team Lead or Manager
- Initiate outbound phone calls as appropriate with a goal to resolve the account balance and/or address the original callers concern
- Participate in ongoing training and apply learnings to daily work activities
- Manually process information on individual patient accounts (new accounts, payments, adjustments, closes) into CCi’s systems as provided by customers
- Consistently support and demonstrate the mission and values of CCI
- Perform other duties as assigned to increase efficiency
Education and Qualifications – Required Skills
- High school diploma
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette demonstrating appropriate professionalism and grammar
- Strong verbal, written, and telephone communication skills; these skills are typically acquired via one to three years of office experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, clients and peers
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish is a plus
- Possess strong data entry skills and basic system expertise with the ability to successfully navigate in CCi’s systems to address patients’ needs
- Dependable and reliable work attendance to ensure adequate phone coverage in the Collections Department
- Organized with ability to manage time and prioritize work well
- Ability to handle disgruntled patients professionally, effectively, and with tact
- Resourcefulness and independence adequate to efficiently utilize resources to solve problems and complete tasks
- Demonstrated understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, insurance liability, payment methods, and HIPAA regulations is a plus
- Background check and drug screen will be conducted
Working Environment and Physical Requirements
- Professional office environment
- Work hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Frequent telephone use
- Frequent keyboarding
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Use of office equipment including headset, telephone, computer, printer, copier
For consideration, please visit the website below and fill out the form at the bottom of the page and include your letter of interest and resume.
Click Here > >https://www.ccipowerinside.com/company/careers/?id=21
A Company Owned by Patients
We've all been a patient at one time or another and we all know what it's like. Who better to shape the future of the patient experience than a company owned by patients?
CCi is 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED and places a premium on the personal touch. When it comes to serving your community, our hands-on approach brings patient care beyond the bedside and into the home.
Like No Other
Because of our truly unique partnerships, we can do what others can't, and go where others aren't. As a matter of fact, we're already there!
The patient's experience isn't the only thing we're out to improve, but yours, as well.
Find out how our services are integrated within your system already, and why that makes all the difference.
We Know What's Important
Patients deserve a billing experience that is helpful, friendly and personalized. They deserve empathy. They deserve to understand, and be understood.
We've known this for over 45 years and continue to make it our mission to innovate, improve and even re-imagine the ways in which we connect patients and providers.
It makes our day when we make their day...